Introducing a Fully-Functional Cross-Platform NCID Client!
NCIDpop brings the best of Network Caller ID (NCID) to all desktop platforms! Use this app to view NCID call logs and messages on your desktop.
- Seeing Incoming Calls and Texts From Your Computer: When coupled with your home phone, TiVo, or even your Android Phone, see messages right on your desktop (see the NCID project page for list of supported gateways)
- Hearing Incoming Caller Names: When receiving a call, NCIDpop will read the name of the caller to you!
- Sending Texts From Your Computer: When coupled with a third-party web texting system such as Google Voice, respond to texts right from your desktop!
- Seeing Who Called While you Were Away: On system resume, NCIDpop displays the total number of missed calls
- Compatible with Java 1.5 and above (best when used with Java 1.6 and above)
- Compatible with MAC OS X 10.4 and above (PowerPC & Intel)
- Tested on Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8.1 (32 and 64 bit)
- Tested on Fedora 17, 18, and 20 (64 bit)
- Tested on Xubuntu 12.04 (64 bit)
- A non-Java lite version is available for 16 bit windows (Windows 3.x)
Features of NCIDpop
- Displays popup when call received
- Displays popup when server or text message received
- Supports 11, 10, 7, and 4 digit numbers
- Call history dialog with configurable reverse lookup
- Supports sending of text messages
- Server and text message history dialog
- Phone numbers can be copied to clipboard
- Supports multiple simultaneous NCID server connections
- Configurable call notifications, including support for 3rd-party utilities such as Growl
- Configurable ringtone is played when a call is received
- Configurable text-to-speech caller notification tells you who's calling
- System startup/resume popup reports on missed calls while client was off
- System tray icon gives visual notification of the NCID server connection status
- Ability to manipulate server black list, server white list, and server aliases
A running NCID server. For details regarding the server, see the NCID Project Page
Below are some representative screenshots from NCIDpop.
Log Screen on Windows:
Log Screen on Macintosh OS X:
Default Notifications on Windows (left) and Macintosh OS X (right):
3rd Party Notifications Using Growl on Windows (left) and Growl on Macintosh OS X (right):
Found a bug? Have a feature request? Contact Developer